Category Archives: Game News
Battleborn is an online multiplayer arena shooter that relies heavily on MOBA gameplay. For those unfamiliar with the MOBA genre, it’s strategic in it’s gameplay that requires team work instead of a one man army controlling the board. There’s 25 characters to launch, each with differing abilities.
On April 12th, a player by the name of xXCareBear4Life420Xx was threatened on Xbox Live. Unlike most death threats, this was by an Non-Playable Character (or NPC) in Ubisoft’s recently released video game Tom Clancy’s The Division. The threats caused so much social anxiety and fear of going out in public that reports are coming in of the player suing Ubisoft Massive, the developers of Tom Clancy’s The Division, because feelings were hurt and NPCs are scary.
Police were called at approximately 2:33 am this morning after xXCareBear4Life420Xx heard an NPC aggressively yell at his avatar, “There he is! Kill him!”.
“I should feel safe on the internet. And I should feel safe when walking around a post-apocalyptic New York City in a video game,” xXCareBear4Life420Xx explained while we blazed one up in his trailer. “Games are an escape from reality, man, and I feel like it’s scary when an NPC runs at you screaming they want to kill you. That’s just messed up.”.
“We take these types of internet threats very seriously, even though statistically speaking you’ll have more chance of dying from a lightning strike,” police chief Ronald McDoodle said.
The NPC was shot in self defense and was unable to comment, however, we can report that it was a middle-aged white male waving around a sub-machine gun.
With more and more children (or “adults”) on the internet, reports of internet death threats are coming in at an alarming rate. Reports of harassment on Twitter are also catching storm as xXCareBear4Life420Xx had to delete his account after someone said his facial hair looked like shaved pubes pasted on his face. But in gaming, NPCs are threatening more and more online without little involvement from the federal government to take action.
When asked what President Obama was going to do, a spokesman replied, “We’re proposing Congress to pass the National Hurt Feelings bill to stop developers from threatening their fans with offensive and hurtful words via NPCs while waiving a virtual gun at the player. This kind of thing shouldn’t be happening in America. It’s not the 90s anymore.”.
The first court date is expected during this summer during E3. Ubisoft Massive and Ubisoft has yet to return our calls.
Amazon is going to have a 2nd wave tomorrow at 2PM PST tomorrow. If it’s anything like the first bundle, it’ll be sold out in under a minute. Regardless of what you think, people are interested in the concept of VR and want to be the first on their block to show off their expensive new toy.
Interested in a cheaper VR experience and have a PlayStation 4 already, or hoping for PC drivers? Sony has announced today that the PlayStation 4’s PlayStation 4 will release this year in October for the price of $399 in the US.
Some new information hit about it as well confirming a cinematic mode with 3 levels of zoom to play all of your previous PlayStation 4 games on it as well. Cinematic mode is like sitting in a virtual movie theater. As someone that’s played on the Oculus Rift DK2 before, it’s cool but not the reason to buy one. 250 games in development as well.
Another surprise is some sort of Star Wars Battlefront VR experience will be had. No details as of yet. Probably just a single mode to look around in. Even better, Rez is also launching the same day.
Carmageddon is one of those racing games you don’t remember winning an actual race in. But you remember brutally destroying every car, pedestrian, and animal that crossed your path. Most of those familiar with the original game will have fond memories the first time you missed a turn and crashed through a football stadium, switching gears (sorry for the pun) and killing every player for a combo. There’s a race going on?
As a long time Carmageddon fan, I approve of this trailer:
Everything going on is here on the PlayStation Blog. Announced goodies so far:
- Fan-favorite PS2 games releasing on PlayStation 4 today.
- Possibility of Final Fantasy VII (not the remake) release today. edit: Confirmed!
- Yakuza 0 is coming to NA.
- Yakuza 5 is being released December 8, 2015 on PS3.
- Ni No Kuni II officially announced and exclusive to PS4.
- Rez ∞ coming to PS4 and it’s in VR.
- Ace Combat 7 announced and coming to PS VR.
- Destiny Racing coming December 8, 2015 for three weeks.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake will have combat like Final Fantasy XV, which is awesome.
- No Crash Bandicoot, but a shirt was worn. I’m certain this will be at E3 next year.
- 100ft Robot Golf is announced for PS VR and it looks fantastic.
- Day of the Tentacle HD Remaster is coming 2016 and also….
- Full Throttle HD Remaster is announced!!
- Street Fighter V new character announced: F.A.N.G..
- Battleborn has an open beta next year.
- 6 Adult Swim games coming to PS4. They make some of the quality indie stuff.
- The King of Fighters XIV is coming to PC and PS4 exclusively.
- The Last Blade 2 is coming to PS4/Vita.
- Nioh is a PlayStation 4 exclusive that looks awesome. Gory hack and slash ninja game. My childhood is reborn!
- Hitman GO is coming to PS4.
- Brut@l is an ASCII roguelike game that looks hilariously good.
- Ratchet & Clank demo is played. I remember playing this on the PS2.
- Paragon, Epic Games, is putting a 3rd person MOBA out. Not console exclusive. Hopefully cross-platform with PC/PS4 though.
- A ton of indie games. Not many of them looked bad. Some did.