E3 2015 Summary
Instead of hosting a series of pages dedicated to every announcement during this E3, I’ve decided to just create a single post and edit it as news rolls out with links to various sources instead of how I’ve done things in the past. I’m also going to be sorting these according to platform or news from specific conferences.
First up, we need to go over the announcement news. I’m trying to organize these per exclusive platform and multi-platform. I consider the PC a platform so if it’s exclusive to a console and coming to PC, it’s not exclusive to me. You’ll find that news in the multi-platform section. Below this segment will begin the conference news which, again, will be updated as it rolls out (or when I get the chance).
- Fallout 4 officially announced! Vault 111 is opening. Looks like it’s PC/PS4/XB1 only. Hopefully. (Trailer)
- Dark Souls 3 should be making an appearance. Not sure which systems, but given how From Software is putting their stuff on current-gen only now, I expect PC/PS4/XB1 and early 2016. (Article)
- Dishonored 2 accidentally leaked. If you didn’t play this, you missed out. The game was a lot of fun. Probably going to be current-gen and PC. (Article)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection is coming to PC/PS4/XB1 this summer. It will feature Mega Man 1-6 and have remixes of the stages for old players. Nice one, Capcom! I’m guessing the price will be around $15. (Trailer)
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst finally has some updates and a new name. It’s coming to PC/PS4/XB1. It’s a reboot of the original, and hopefully not a reboot that is going to turn this game into a shooter. The release is scheduled for Q1 2016. Hype train is rollin’. (Site)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is going to be on current and last-gen. No, why, no! Why, Activision! It doesn’t mean doom yet. The game could very well be ported down to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. We’ll have to wait and see. I’ve lost a lot of faith in this series over the years, but this one looks like a good move. (Article)
- Street Fighter V will release March 2016 on PlayStation 4 and PC. (Trailer / Trailer 2)
- Hellblade is still coming to PC and PlayStation 4. (Trailer)
- Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories coming to PC (yes, the mother flippin’ PC!) and Wii U. According to Natsume, this will be more like the 90s classic in most every way. So, farming and dating simulator. I’m stoked! (Article)
- Tembo The Badass Elephant gameplay footage from Game Freak. This is coming to (Gameplay Footage)
- Transformers Devastation leaked game from Platinum Games. Coming to PS4 and XB1 it looks like. We’ll see if it’s on last gen too. I doubt it. It looks too amazing. (NeoGAF)
PC SPECIFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
- XCOM 2 has been announced for PC! From the sounds of it, it will go back to it’s roots with base managing and take overs. Maybe some world destruction again? It looks like this one takes place after the events of the first game as if the aliens won the invasion. (Trailer)
SONY SPECIFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Ratchet & Clank (based on the movie that’s based on the game) is coming to PlayStation 4 in Spring 2016. Graphics look really amazing, close to Pixar level quality. It’s also going to be $40 at launch. (Trailer / Gameplay Footage)
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection is coming to PlayStation 4 on October 19, 2015. It will be 1080p/60fps (also updated textures/lighting) and be missing the multi-player element. That sucks because the multi-player is actually good. But if you need to catch up on this series before Uncharted 4, there you go. (Teaser)
- No Man’s Sky page is updated on PlayStation. (Site)
- Death’s Gambit coming to PS4 in 2016. Looks really, really fun. (Trailer)
- Gran Turismo 7 is sort of officially announced since Kazunori Yamauchi said it will be out before 2017. (Article)
- Earth Defense Force 4.1 is coming to PlayStation 4. This is a crazy Power Rangers co-op shooter featuring monsters from 1950s style sci-fi films. (Trailer)
- Earth Defense Force 2 coming to Vita on September 15, 2015. (Article)
- Tales of Berseria announced for PlayStation 3 and 4. The Tales of series is a classic JRPG, if you’re unfamiliar with the name. Not much else is known other than a female protagonist.
- Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture has a release date of August 11, 2015. (Trailer)
- Grand Kingdom is coming to PlayStation 4 and Vita. Looks like a tactical strategy RPG in manga style. It also looks very F2P. (Article)
- Tearaway Unfolded updates will go here. (15-minute Gameplay Footage)
- Abzû updates about the gameplay and puzzles. I hear this is fun but I’m not a big fan of these types of games. We’ll see. (Article)
- Astebreed is coming to PlayStation 4. An indie shooter game from Japan. So you know it has robots and space. (Article)
- Superbeat: XONiC is coming to Vita this Fall (in North America). I don’t really know what this is yet. (Site)
MICROSOFT SPECIFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Halo 5: Guardians will have 15 free DLC maps and has 20 maps at launch. Mamma mia! It will also NOT require Xbox Live to play online co-op. However, split screen has been removed. (Article)
- Xbox One 1TB Console revealed and will be $399. It also features the updated Xbox One controller with a non-proprietary headphone jack like the DS4 controller. (Link)
- Gears of War HD will be free to those who bought the Halo: MCC as a way of saying sorry.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider screen shots are put out. I hope these are the Xbox 360 screens… (Screens)
NINTENDO SPECIFIC ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Earthbound Beginnings announced for Wii U. Mother 1 is now going to be available in North America. What a world we live in these days! (Trailer)
- Devil’s Third is coming to the Wii U on August 4, 2015. I think it’s only in Japan right now. It looks like a blast so if I don’t see that Reggie pushed for a North America release, I’ll import it. Oh, wait. Region locked. 😦 (Trailer)
- Hyrule Warriors is coming to the 3DS. This is the mash-up of The Legend of Zelda and Dynasty Warriors (and it’s a lot of fun on the Wii U). (Trailer)
- Sonic Boom Fire & Ice is coming to the 3DS. It’s Sonic. It’s either going to be a hit or a giant turd. (Trailer)
- Legend of Legacy is coming to North America on the 3DS this fall. Good ol’ JRPG. (Article)
- Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is coming to the 3DS! It’s basically Harvest Moon, but good. Looks like this one will have classic 90s JRPG elements with farming. Ahh, I can’t wait. (Twitter link)
- Roy (Fire Emblem) and Ryu (Street Fighter) confirmed for Super Smash Bros. (Ryu Trailer / Roy Trailer)
- Doom is using the id Tech 6 engine (aka id Tech 666) and it looks pretty fantastic. I’m crossing my fingers this engine doesn’t suffer from texture pop-ins like UE3/id Tech 5.
- Doom: They brought back the double-barreled shotgun, BFG, and (my favorite) the chainsaw. While I enjoyed the chainsaw in Doom 3, this chainsaw looks brutal unlike the Doom 3 chainsaw.
- Doom: You do not regenerate health it looks like. You pick up health from killing enemies.
- Doom: It could just be because they’re demoing the game, but there’s not a lot of enemies on screen at once. Really, this is like Doom 1 & 2’s intro levels. Let’s hope the final release is more like Doom 1 & 2 and less like Doom 3.
- Doom: Has mod support on PC and consoles. It will have a map creator called Snapmap that looks close to how maps and mods are created in Blizzard’s RTS games or TimeSplitters.
- Doom: Multi-player will have various modes including deathmatch, team deathmatch, clan wars, freeze tag, and variations of co-op.
- Doom is being released in Spring of 2016 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. (Gameplay Footage) (Pre-Order)
- Bethesda.net (currently used for Elder Scrolls Online) will be like a social network similar to Rockstar Social Network.
- Battlecry beta is up. Sign up before June 18th for a special in-game reward. (Beta Sign-up)
- Battlecry footage is shown with lots of blood and all the different classes. It’s coming 2015.
- Dishonored 2 trailer is shown. CGI footage. Still, at least there’s some official story footage out now. (Trailer)
- Dishonored 2: You can play as two different characters (male or female). Each have their own set of abilities.
- Dishonored 2: Not coming to last-gen systems. It’s only coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and will be available this Fall. Not shocking since this generation is all about those remasters. (Pre-Order)
- Elder Scrolls Online is shown with footage that will be coming later this year during an update. Imperial City and Orsinium are coming.
- Elder Scrolls Legends is coming for PC and iPad later this year. It’s a card game. It’s no Gwent, but it’ll do. I’m getting a major Hearthstone vibe from this.
- Todd Howard comes out and introduces his baby: Fallout 4!
- Fallout 4: The game starts on a Saturday morning, pre-nuclear wasteland. The character creator has you looking in a mirror and sculpting parts of the face by selecting areas and moving around. You can also play as a female, which I don’t know why people thought this wasn’t going to happen. I’m also noticing that this demo is running on PlayStation 4, which could mean Sony fans aren’t going to get the gimped version of Fallout this time.
- Fallout 4: Your baby will be generated based on the parents you create.
- Fallout 4: You can have a companion dog that you can give contextual commands to do things. It’s going to be a sad day if it dies.
- Fallout 4: The gunplay looks more like a shooter. VATs is back and looks as awesome as ever.
- Fallout 4: Confirmed location is Boston, MA.
- Fallout 4: The in-game Pip Boy lets you play video games that look like old Game Boy games. The two shown were Donkey Kong and Missile Command. I can’t wait to see what the PC mod community brings. In-game ROM emulation?
- Fallout 4: A real Pip Boy is being made for the Collector’s Edition that you can wear on your wrist. Comes with a fancy stand. You can put your phone in it with an app. The new iWatch is here! The app will be used to control your in-game Pip Boy too. This. Is. Amazing! (Pre-Order)
- First up is Halo V: Guardians‘ single player campaign showcase. Graphics look pretty wicked. It looks like Halo, so if you’re a fan of how Halo 4 was then this will be something you’re into. They then jump into a new gameplay mode called “Warzone” which looks like 343’s take on Titanfall. As long as it’s not anything like Halo: Master Chief Collection and works, I can see this being a fun game this year.
- ReCore is shown in CGI form. It’s from the director of Metroid: Prime, Keiji Inafune. There’s absolutely no info on this game or what type of game it is. I guess it’s so early, they couldn’t bring any gameplay footage. Might be something to check out next year if they have footage. (Trailer)
- Microsoft announces what every console should have: Backwards Compatibility. There will be a voting system to figure out which games should be on the system. You can still play these games online, which is a plus. At start, there will be 100 games. Will Sony do this on the PlayStation 4? Ha. Not if PlayStation Now is still around!
- Xbox One Elite Controller is announced. Has paddles you can adjust, sticks you can swap out, and a unique D-pad. It will also cost a fat stack of cash at $150. If you’re a fan of claw holding a controller or the SCUF brand, then sure. Why not? (E3 Footage) (Pre-order)
- Fallout 4 is shown again (if you watched the Bethesda conference). Mods on PC will be able to be played on consoles now, coming first to Xbox One! While this is definitely some cool news, I’m not so sure everything will be played on PC. There’s a lot of mods on PC that have flat out copyright issues tied to them. Then there’s the potential of mods opening back doors to their security frame, causing piracy. But hey, this is still pretty rad that console gamers are getting closer to playing with the PC guys. (Article)
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is official and has the world premiere trailer. If you didn’t play the first one, do so. That game is a lot of fun with friends. (Trailer)
- Forza Motorsport 6 is coming to Xbox One and will be 1080p/60fps! From the leaks, it looks like 3D puddles and rain is going to be a thing. 450 cars! (Reddit Link) (Gameplay Demo)
- Dark Souls III is officially shown. It’s a CGI, but we know what to expect.
- Rare took the show in the gaming department with Rare Replay. First they announced 30 classic Rare games coming to Xbox One on a single disc for $30. It will include Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Conker’s Bad Fur Day, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark and all those other great games Rare used to make. Not Goldeneye or Donkey Kong, obviously. But this makes me want to buy an Xbox One. (Trailer)
- Then Rare showed off the new, non-Kinect game they’re working on called Sea of Pirates. It looks pretty rad! Co-op, survival, and pirating. I just wonder how the frame rate is going to hold up because it looked really amazing. (Gameplay Montage Trailer)
- HoloLens and Minecraft show off how augmented reality should work. I’m a skeptic but very excited for this. This was their best of show that wasn’t gaming. (E3 Footage)
- Gears 4 (no longer called Gears of War) is using the UE4 engine. This game is definitely Gears of War. Coming holiday 2016. Plenty of time to iron out the rough areas of this game, like blonde marine’s hair and lack of movement. (Gameplay Footage)
Special thanks to Kortana, Seaya and Mikor for joining the group chat, and DrYvOutCM for joining me later.
- The Last Guardian is shown. Yes, the Last Guardian. The fabled game is actually still coming out. Graphically, it looks like a tech demo from the PlayStaion 3 era. The AI shows a lot of promise. It’s a puzzle-platformer. Coming 2016, unless PlayStation 5 is announced. (Gameplay Trailer)
- Horizon: Zero Dawn (Guerilla Game’s latest project) is announced officially. It looks stunning, and the gameplay looks bit like The Legend of Zelda or Monster Hunter. (Gameplay Trailer)
- No Many’s Sky is shown again with developer Sean Murray. He’s explaining what you’re actually doing (in 3 minutes) to people that didn’t bother to read the several interviews. It looks like a mix of an older Dreamcast game called Armada, Eve Online, Star Wars, and Star Trek. Every star you see can be visited. This game has a lot of potential to be a sleeper hit. Still no release date, but it should be this year. (Gameplay Trailer)
- World of Final Fantasy is shown. It looks sort of like a weird MMO or 3DS game.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake is real and happening. Remember last year when Shinji Hashimoto trolled all of us gamers with Final Fantasy VII? Well you can forgive them. The thing they said they’ll never do is happening on PlayStation 4 at some point! (Trailer)
- More news tomorrow. Sorry. So sleepy! lol
Posted on June 13, 2015, in E3 and tagged amiibo, assassin's creed, battlefront, bethesda conference, black ops 3, call of duty, cod, dishonored 2, doom, e3, e3 2015, fallout 4, final fantasy, gears of war hd, god of war, halo 5, harvest moon, indie games, lego, microsoft conference, nintendo conference, oculus rift, playstation, ps3, ps4, rare, ratchet and clank, rise of the tomb raider, sony conference, square-enix conference, star fox, star wars, steam, super mario, the legend of zelda, transformers, ubisoft conference, virtual reality, vita, vr, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.